Toss by category
"Fragrance" is a concoction of toxic chemicals that negatively impact our health. In this video, we're explaining what fragrance really is, why it’s worth tossing even for a trial period, and all the places it is hiding in your home.
1. Letting go of fragrance is a very tough step for people tossing the toxins - we understand!
Unfortunately, fragrance or parfum is a toxic chemical that can also be addictive. When we inhale a fragrance, the scent goes directly to our limbic system, which is the part of our brain involved in our behavioral responses, emotional responses and memory. This is why fragrance is a hard one to kick!
We promise once you let go of your emotional attachment (very tough!) to fragrance, you won’t miss it!
2. Once you have removed all fragranced products from the home, it is still possible that fragrance chemicals have incorporated into porous materials like clothing, upholstery, carpets, drywall and fabrics. The type and amount of fragranced products used will determine what action to take to remove the fragrance completely.
First, try these simple steps:
- Open your windows when the weather permits to air the house out and get rid of the fragrance in the air of the home.
- Turn on bathroom and laundry room exhaust fans to help clear the released chemicals from your home.
- Sunning items is another way to accelerate fragrance chemicals.
- For more stubborn residues - consider a deep clean of your home!
See our Resources section to find out how to eliminate fragrance chemicals for good!
3. Download your workbook in the Resource section.
The course information including video and guidebooks are not meant to serve as medical advice. The information shared in the course is for educational purposes only.